Wednesday 25 April 2012

Bucket List.

I'm not going to pretend I have any idea as to why it's called a bucket list, or to have any interest in finding out.
[Urban Dictionary says it comes from the term 'to kick the bucket' - and there's a movie called The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman, aka, God].
Nevertheless, it's been the topic of conversation for a while so I thought it time I make one and naturally, publish it to my oh-so-many followers (ahem...) and perhaps encourage more people to make one and not just use it as a reason to call your life a failure, but to keep to it and hopefully complete it before we all, in turn, kick the proverbial bucket.

My Bucket List:
1. The obvious thrill seeking ambitions such as sky diving, bungee jumping, scaling a cliff face, parachuting, paragliding etc etc, they're all there.
2. To travel all over the world doing charity/volunteer work (I know, I'm a wonderful person).
3. To take part in a political protest (Occupy London/Wall Street).
4. Learn to play the guitar.
5. Take off, completely spontaneously, on a holiday to a random destination.
6. Do a karaoke version of Twist & Shout by The Beatles.
7. Spend at least a year of my life with dreadlocks.
8. Succeed in giving something up for lent.
9. Buy a duck. Call it George
10. Go fly fishing and wear the over sized waders.
11. Learn how you use a gun. Go to a shooting range
12. Swim a long distance in a sea somewhere.
13. Take self-defence classes
14. Teach English in a foreign country
15. Attend at least 100 different festivals around the world
16. Take Jazz or Salsa lessons... or both
17. Go snorkeling in a ship wreck
18. Learn to scuba dive
19. Swim with sharks
(you get the idea, lots of sea/underwater related things)
20. Learn to fly a plane.
21. Have a picnic in a hot air balloon
22. Climb one of the tallest trees in a rain forest. DO th Tarzan call from the top.
23. Race in a sports car against a professional racing driver
24. Be homeless for a night. Bum on the streets
25. Ride the top ten scariest (but safest) roller coasters in the world
26. Give blood
27. Cover myself in glitter and run around a forest with my friends. (like a fairy, not a vampire)
28. Join the paparazzi and try and get a picture of someone famous
29. (under the condition of sufficient funds) Go to the moon with Virgin
30. (under the condition of sufficient funds) Go on a zero-gravity flight
31. Swim with Dolphins
32. Meet an African tribe on Safari, learn their cultural dance.
33. Buy a parrot, teach it how to talk
34. Save a life (human or animal... and sorry, insects don't count)
35. Read all the books on that list of mine (see previous blog post)
36. Visit all the top "must-see" places, like the Grand Canyon, The Northern Lights etc etc
37. Visit all the top "must-see" building/monuments (including museums)
38. Attend Rio De Janiero's Carnival (and Venice's)
39. Ride the subway (simple, but I've never done it)
40. Learn how to play poker. Win.
41. Learn lots about astronomy and impress people.
42. Offer free hugs on the street in the middle of the day (at night could prove a little suspicious)
43. Solve a Rubik's cube (without cheating)
44. Successfully keep a diary for a year.
45. Find something interesting to collect (Star Wars or Harry Potter memorabilia doesn't count)
46. Spend a weekend just watching old classic movies on tape.
47. Start a bad habit... just to give it up.
48. Give all my clothes to charity, buy new ones.
49. Make it to university
50. Graduate from university with a first.
51. Get to 100 on my bucket list.
52. Visit the seven wonders of the world
53. Try drinking a glass of water upside-down to stop hiccups
54. Have enough money to be satisfied for at least a 6month period
55. Own several designer outfits, shoes and jewellery to match.
56. Own a Sex in the City style apartment to live in
57. Successfully keep a plant in my house/bedroom and look after it
58. Go on a "Eat Pray Love" holiday
59. Don't work until the day I die. Give it up and live simply.
60. Buy a poodle/small dog. Call it Foofie
61. Start (and finish!!!) writing a book.
62. Star in a commercial
63. Be part of the jury in a court case
64. Play the jelly bean game
65. Celebrate Thanksgiving in America
66. Be hypnotised
67. Do a Ouija board
68. Go to a masquerade ball
69. Get in a taxi and yell "FOLLOW THAT CAR"
70. Own dictionary toilet paper
71. Eat hospital food
72. Eat frogs legs/snails in France
73. Rent a real diamond, Elizabeth Taylor style necklace for a day (preferably, wedding day)
74. Go on a date with a woman.
75. Invent something cool using only appliances available in the house
76. Spend all day in a library
77. Fast for Yom Kippur (25 hours)
78. Jump from the top diving board at a swimming pool
79. Successfully use a fake ID (only a year left to do this!)
80. Celebrate happy hour in a bar/night club/pub
81. Write a song and sing it to a group of people
82. Go busking (after learning to play the guitar- see number 4)
83. Interview someone famous
84. Buy a ludicrous gadget which you'll never use (like a top of the range food dicer)
85. Have a glitter bath
86. Complete a game on my phone (such as bubble popper or doodle jump)
87. Sit on a cloud
88. Run a marathon (it had to come somewhere on the list)
89. Spend a week saying yes to everything everyone asks you (within reason, of course)
90. Play spin the bottle properly
91. Become a goth for a while
92. Bring all my friends back a gift from holiday (I know, I'm shocking for never doing this)
93. Have a fat suit made especially for me
94. Drink the death drink. Don't chunder.
95. (Getting excited) Stop saying chunder
96. (Just four more to go) Create a new word, use it all the time
97. (Three more to go) Smile more
98. (How did I think of 98 things?) Give up my phone for a year. People can contact me some other way
99. (WOW) Get an (or several) articles published in a magazine.
100. (Good God I made it) To have 100 followers on my blog by the day I die

So there it is. It took a while, and I had a little bit of help from friends and good ol' Google!
I also want to mention some things that would be on my bucket list, had I not already done it (aka, I want to brag).
Zorbing
Coasteering
Skinny dipping at midnight
Abseiling
Visiting Sydney Oprah house and bridge
Visiting South Korea (I joke, of course... but it happened)
Sex on the beach (I mean the drink.... ahem)
Create a blog
Become a super hero for the day
Stop smoking
Make an autobiography (which I suppose I can do later on, again... or add to the original)

And I think that's about it. Hope you enjoy reading about my wacky aspirations and I hope it helps anyone else making their bucket list.

Peace Out <3

Oh!...
...Here are some cool pictures I found on Google (don't sue me, I'm cute!)





No comments:

Post a Comment