Thursday 20 October 2011

44 Week Book Mission

I've gone through 'Top 100' lists from 2009-2011 and picked out the novels that appealed to me the most; so I've set myself a bit of a mission: Read the follow 22 books by 17th April 2012:

  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
  • 1984 - George Orwell
  • Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
  • Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
  • Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
  • Tess of the D'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
  • A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - John le Carre
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's - Truman Capote
  • Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
  • Animal Farm - George Orwell
  • Atonement - Ian McEwan
  • The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
  • The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
  • Hamlet - William Shakespeare
  • A Town Like Alice - Nevil Shute
  • To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  • Little Bee - Chris Cleave
  • In Cold Blood - Truman Capote
  • True History of the Kelly Gang - Peter Carey
I will post my verdict on all the books as and when I've read them. I'm quite a slow reader so fingers crossed 2 weeks per book, along side my college work and social life is enough!
The last two books on my list are unfortunately compulsory and part of my English combined AS-Level so will be the first two books I read. After that I hope to read 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee as dear old mother dearest has bought it for me. The challenge should be made easier if I get a Kindle for Christmas. 
Peace out ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment